Saturday, September 9, 2017

New (to Me) Database on Ancestry.com: "Iowa, Death Records, 1920-1940"

I only had the death year for my 2nd cousin 3x's removed cousin Mildred Brush's first husband, Allen Leonard Swift (1925).  Now I know the exact date, and more of the story (although there is no second image in the scan, despite the "over" note in the cause of death field).  State of Iowa Department of Vital Statistics, Buchanan county, death certificate no. 10-1049, Leonard Swift (1925); digital image, Iowa, Death Records, 1920-1940 (http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=61442 : 9 September 2017).


The date on this database is 2017, and doesn't show up in the "Recently Added and Updated Collections on Ancestry" page (which goes back to June), so this little treasure must have been released in the first part of this year.  While I'm late to the game (probably because I've been concentrating on my locations cleanup), I welcome this.  I have a ton of Iowa cousins whose death certificates might help my research.  The Texas, Missouri, and Indiana death certificates already on Ancestry have certainly proved that.

I think I might treat myself to a break in location cleanup today, and use a technique I posted about already "Fantastic Find: Genea-Musing's Ancestry Hack to Search Hints By Specific Database" to find out who on my tree now has a death certificate waiting for me.




© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment