Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Legacy Family Tree Webinar: "Using FamilySearch Digital Microfilm to Find Genealogical Records" by Randy Seaver


When I started out in genealogy in earnest back about 2008, I looked at FamilySearch and was unimpressed by how little I was finding.  I was using it wrong, by the way--I didn't even look at the un-indexed records (what a newb!).  While they do have an amazing amount of indexed records (the size grows every day), their un-indexed collection has always been incredible.  If you are new to genealogy, don't be a dummy like I was, and learn to use the un-indexed records.  If you put the time in to learn you will be a better genealogist.

I was very pleased to discover today that fellow San Diegan Randy Seaver presented a webinar on this very topic,"Using FamilySearch Digital Microfilm to Find Genealogical Records:"
This presentation was part of the 2018 Surname Society annual seminar. 
Learn how to search digital microfilm on the FamilySearch website to find genealogical records.



© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment