Saturday, June 25, 2016

My Parents Were Married Today, 50 Years Ago

My parents and grandparents.  From left: Harold Currey, Bernice (Grenfell) Currey, my mom Pat Currey (Slater), my dad George Hartley, Margaret (Fister) Hartley, and George Hartley, Jr.  I look like both of my parents, that's for sure.  From my personal collection.

50 years ago??  Wow.  I was born about 5 years later, and I'm almost 45, so I guess that is right.

My parents married today on June 25, 1966, at the Mount Soledad Presbyterian Church in La Jolla.  The reception was at the La Valencia Hotel in downtown La Jolla.

At the La Valencia Hotel reception.  From my personal collection.


I think this is the same day my grandma Bernice gave my mom her birth certificate with Mom's birth parents names ("Tracy Stewart Warren" and "Altamae Slater"), although we didn't end up tracking down those two until the late 1990's.



© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I had to have my birth certificate in order to get the marriage license so she gave it to me some time before the wedding day..

    ReplyDelete