Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Fantastic Find: Linda Stufflebean's "12 Tips: Preparing for the Family History Library and Rootstech 2018 - Part 1"

133 days and counting from now.  Image from RootsTech twitter feed.


Linda Stufflebean has just posted "12 Tips: Preparing for the Family History Library and Rootstech 2018 - Part 1" at her Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.  She has some fantastic practical advice.

I was just thinking about how I would plan and prepare for such a trip to a big conference like RootsTech.  It might still be a few years until I get my kidney transplant (and have more energy) but I might as well start preparing for it now.  The only time I went to the Salt Lake City Family History Library I was woefully unprepared for serious research.

I look forward to her Part II.


As for RootsTech, watch past sessions here. Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings has an enormous amount of the 2017 RootsTech-related blog posts here.


© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Christine, Thank you for the great mention. I've made quite a few trips to SLC and have it pretty much on automatic pilot now, although I do update my methods and tips each year. I hope others find my tips helpful and, if 2018 will bring their first trip to the FHL and RootsTech, perhaps their visits will be a bit more successful because of them. I really appreciate the mention today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure, Linda! It is making me much more excited about the prospect of going up there if I have my ducks in a row first.

    ReplyDelete