Saturday, January 20, 2018

Spring Cleaning 2018: Using Mary Hill's Color-Coding System in Legacy

My pedigree with Mary Hill's color scheme, which is included in Legacy 9.

I have a tendency to overthink things.  Organization is one of them.  I've needed something that works for my genealogy papers and notes, and while I have my online files well organized, until now I had yet to settle a system for my offline work.  I think Mary Hill's relatively uncomplicated color-coding filing system might just do the trick.

Legacy Family Tree Webinars has a great collection of how-to organization videos, most only for subscribers.  Mary Hill presented "Get Organized Using the FamilyRoots Organizer Color-Coding System" in 2014.  I prefer the narrative and explanation of the webinar, but if you don't have a subscription to Legacy Family Tree Webinars, you can visit her website The FamilyRoots Organizer Color-Coding System.

I already have the folder box with the lip or ridge around the edge.  Now I need to buy the appropriate hanging colored folders and supplies and can set up my color coding system.





© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment