Saturday, July 16, 2016

Free Saturday Night Webinar from Legacy Family Tree: "A Genealogist's Guide to Heraldry"


Heraldry and heraldic arms don't figure into my ancestry as far as I know.  I'm not even entirely sure what those terms mean.  It all sounds quite highfalutin.  Most of my ancestors were farmers and tradesmen, with some possible members of Parliament in the 1500/1600's in England, but who knows?   Is it possible I can claim a coat of arms?  I will at least get some clarity after watching
Shannon Combs-Bennett cover this subject in tonight's video:
Heraldry invokes images of noble ancestors from long ago, dashing knights and splendor but what is it really? In this presentation learn the basics of heraldry, its historical uses, who can display heraldic arms (as well as why many genealogists shouldn’t) and how it can help your research. Focus will be on English heraldry with other nationalities used for comparison.

"A Genealogist's Guide to Heraldry" was originally recorded on July 13, 2016 (1 hour 26 minutes).  The video is free for non-subscribers through July 20, 2016.  I recommend subscribing to this site for full access to all their amazing, affordable genealogy webinars.







© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment