Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Days of Heaven: Inspiration for Genealogy


I used to watch HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax a lot when I was kid in the early 1980s.

One of those channels aired Terrence Malick's visually lyrical "Days of Heaven" quite a bit.  That film's ending in particular somehow became entwined in my psyche with my growing curiosity about who my mother's birth parents were.  Tracy and Alta's stories seemed to end abruptly when the information about them was typed into Mom's birth certificate.  Like the girls walking down the train tracks in the film, their lives continued on to some undetermined direction that I thought (at the time) I'd never know.


BTW the ending scene was filmed at the Heritage Park Historical Village in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.



© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment