Thursday, December 15, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Position Wanted

"Wanted: Position, by middle-aged widow woman of German descent...," Morning Examiner (Bartlesville, OK), page 7, col 1; digital image, The Gateway to Oklahoma History (http://gateway.okhistory.org/ark:/67531/metadc143253/m1/9/zoom/?q=buchholz : accessed 15 December 2016).



The wanted ad in its its context.

The fate of my husband's 2nd great grandmother M Louise "Lizzie" (Malchow) Buchholz (born about March 1862, likely in Brandenberg, Germany) remains a mystery.  The wanted ad is the last record I find for her (I can't find her in the 1910 Federal Census).  She had daughters in Dewey, Washington County, Oklahoma about 1910, and one of her daughters married a man in Polk County, Missouri in 1911 (I'm not sure how they met, Polk County is over 200 miles away).



Modern Bing map showing Dewey, OK and Polk County, MO.  I will start on my journey to pick up Mrs. M. L. Buchholz's trail somewhere along that way along these corridors.



Mrs. M. L. Buchholz was the maternal grandmother of my husband's paternal grandmother Kathleen Murphy.





© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment