Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Working on Wednesday: Rufus Watson Freeman (1862 - 1921) M.D.

Someone radically trimmed this photo of Dr. Rufus Freeman, one of my paternal second cousins, twice removed.*

[RLouiseHazelip46 posted this to Ancestry.com] 

I was able to find his obituary:


[5 Mar 1921, Page 3 - The Chickasha Daily Express at Newspapers.com]


So he graduated from Vanderbilt School of Medicine just like my great uncle Hill Freeman Warren, the oldest son of my great great grandmother Nannie Freeman Warren.


*Here's how we're related:

[Ancestry.com]



© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. DrFreeman was my great grandfather. He was married to my great grandmother. Ella Charlton Freenan. They had four children onw was my grandmother, Lillie Freeman Grimes
    Dr Freeman was married once before marrying my great grandmother. It is my understanding that his first wife, Liilie died in childbirth. My grandmother, Lillie was named for his first wife. He left my great grandmother and moved to Chickasha where he was married for the third time. I heard many stories about my great grandfather when I was growing up. My great grandmother never stopped loving Dr. Freenan. I had the privilege of knowing and loving my great grandmother. My granddaughter, Jordan Rahm,is working at Vanderbilt doing Alzheimer's research. She will probably attend Vanderbilt Medical School. The story continues. Thank you for the information regarding my great grandfather. It has answered many questions.

    ReplyDelete