Saturday, July 28, 2018

Experience With My First Location Report on Legacy 9

A screenshot of some of my Worden relations, from my Ancestry tree.  Up until I had Legacy this was the only way to systematically see where people were, and then it was only birth/death dates.  If I wanted to see any other place where they had been I had to visit each profile individually.

It's just one of those days when things refuse to go as I wish.  The location report I had hoped to blog about today is still generating and is only at about 37 percent after running continuously since 4 p.m. (it is now after 11 p.m.).  I'm sure it is taking this long because I have so many unique locations in my tree.

Since I don't have much report about locations based on the location report, I did want to say that I'm disappointed that I am among those who are unable to see mapping through Legacy 9, apparently due to an API conflict between Legacy and Bing maps.  When I first purchased the program I was able to see maps, but that has since stopped.  This is annoying to say the least.  I might have to purchase another program eventually if the folks at Legacy don't figure this out (this has been a known problem since 2014--it is now 2018).  C'mon, people.




© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment