Saturday, June 23, 2018

A Reminder That Not Everything is Online



The only adult picture I have of my great uncle Roy Alexander Fiester (1895-1972), son of Mette Karine and Ben Fister, and oldest brother to my grandmother Margaret (Fister) HartleyCourtesy of Tom Cairns.

I intended to blog my great uncle Roy Fiester's obituary today, but discovered that despite a search through GenealogyBank, NewspaperArchive, Newspapers, and Google Newspaper Archive, I couldn't find it.  Fortunately there is at least a reference to the obit's existence at the Aurora Public Library in Illinois (he lived in Aurora most of his life):


Roy had an obituary on the 18th and 19th of February, 1972, in The Beacon.  His wife's obit is also listed, but I already have that obituary.




© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment