Thursday, February 1, 2018

Throwback Thursday: National Lampoon 1964 High School Yearbook Parody

My lone appearance in the Ancestry Yearbook collection, with the 1987 Mission Bay badminton team (p. 209, center top row, with the bleach blond hair and dark roots).
When I was a kid my parents had a copy of the brilliant National Lampoon 1964 High School Yearbook Parody.  I was obsessed with this even before I ever stepped foot in a high school.

It is online, although it is best in hard copy form (just like a real yearbook).  If you want a good laugh, be sure to take some time out and peruse the pages.  You have to look through it several times to get an idea of what's going on, but I can't think of a better parody of the yearbook genre ever.

Not too far from the truth--the freshman pictures page of the National Lampoon yearbook parody.


© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of this illustrious publication! I'd love to see it, tried on the 'net but the whole thing doesn't seem to be there. My 1959-1961 yearbooks are probably awfully similar!
    bonnie

    ReplyDelete