Saturday, February 1, 2020

i4gg Conference is February 2 & 3



Institute for Genetic Genealogy (https://i4gg.org)

Wow, I haven't posted for about six months!  Since last June my husband retired, a beloved cat died, and I was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer (complete with lumpectomy, radiation, and tamoxifen).

I've worked on my tree almost every day, but didn't put aside any time to do blog posts until things had settled down.

I've also been keeping an eye on the DNA Doe Project (also Wikipedia article "DNA Doe Project"):
DNA Doe Project (AKA DNA Doe Project, Inc. or DDP) is an American non-profit volunteer organization formed to identify unidentified deceased persons (commonly known as John Doe or Jane Doe) using forensic genealogy. Volunteers identify victims of automobile accidents, homicide, and unusual circumstances, and persons who committed suicide under an alias.[1] The group was founded in 2017 by Colleen Fitzpatrick and Margaret Press.
I love being able to see all the cases being solved!

Some of the people who are involved in this are almost certainly at the Institute for Genetic Genealogy (i4gg) conference.

I don't know the details behind the change in time and venue of this conference (it used to be in San Diego in December and now it is in Las Vegas in February), but fortunately for those of us who can't be there in person they have the option to purchase the videos of the sessions.  The videos have historically come out a number of months after the conference, so my guess is they will be available by the summer.


© 2020 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment