Thursday, December 22, 2016

Sick and In a Bad Mood

Play for blood

You're not going to get any research from me today!

When my son was little I could tell that he was coming down with a cold because he would curl up and watch Disney's The Black Cauldron.  I am not sure why but I think it made him feel better.

I had a very bad cold when I went to see Tombstone back when it came out in 1993.  I was feverish and a little delirious, although it was not ultimately anything serious.  Somehow that made Val Kilmer's performance as the often delirious, tuberculosis-ridden Doc Holliday, who looked like how I felt, especially delicious, particularly his scenes with Michael Biehn.  Whenever I'm sick and feeling sorry for myself I find myself looking for my favorite Doc Holliday clips.

Doc Holliday (1851-1887) was a contemporary of my 3rd great granduncle James Milo Nosler (1843-1886) out West (and who also died of tuberculosis), although they obviously moved in very different crowds.


In Vino Veritas

I'm your huckleberry





© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment