Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Book Shelf: "North Carolina Research: Genealogy and Local History" by Helen F. Leary


One of my mom's AncestryDNA Migrations is "Eastern North Carolina Settlers".  I have a ton to learn about this state and the history of its early settlers.  I hope that will help me get through some brick walls on both sides of Mom's ancestry.

A few weeks ago I linked to Mary Hill's very informative webinar on overcoming record loss in genealogical research.  She highly recommended "North Carolina Research: Genealogy and Local History" by Helen F. Leary as a great source.  I immediately ordered a copy (not cheap: $55 at Amazon) and am waiting for it to arrive.  It was supposed to arrive by yesterday but Amazon did notify me that it was indeed late.

I'm a bit peeved since I am excited to start using it and wanted to do a legitimate book shelf post on it.  Hopefully it comes tomorrow!

By the time this map was done in 1755 I already had a huge portion of my ancestors running around in these areas, particularly Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North Carolina. "A Map of Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland with part of New Jersey etc.," paper, Printed for R. Baldwin in pater Noster Row, 1755; digital image, North Carolina Maps (http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ncmaps/id/123 : 20 Mar 2018).



© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment