Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Working on Wednesday: Muench

There was a cobblestone-faced fireplace in the patio of the house I where I lived until my mid-thirties. These photos from the Currey family album show William Muench (1874-1962)* adding the finishing touches to the brick structure, probably around 1934.

As the caption on the bottom picture notes, the project took the Curreys two years to complete.




[From my personal collection]


In recent weeks I've been posting about my fourth great uncle Jeremiah Warren's probate records from 1830's Hancock County, Georgia, on Wednesdays. I will be continuing with that project but posting about it** on Fridays instead..


*Mr. Muench lived at 4873 Kansas Street in a small bungalow that's still there.

[Directory Title : San Diego (California) City Directory. Ancestry.com. U.S. City Directories [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Original data: Original sources vary according to directory.]

**And later exploring the sort of information that can be gleaned from probate records.


© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment: