Friday, December 22, 2017

My Living DNA Test Results Came Back Too!

My daughter and I were willing to take yet another DNA test because this one offers a closer look at localized genetic ancestry in Great Britain and Ireland.



And as I expected, my heritage is solidly from the United Kingdom. 

I was a bit surprised to see that my only Irish connection (for the past 10 generations at least) are from the northernmost part of Northern Ireland.




The rest of my European ancestry tracks generally with my results from other DNA tests, although they tend to assign me a greater share of Iberian Peninsula than Scandinavian (and more than this with both).


But the map of the British Isles is fascinating, especially compared with what Christine found out from her test. 



I never imagined any part of my DNA would show connections to the Kurds, Pashtuns or the Orkneys! Live and learn...




I agree with Christine's rating: "Two thumbs up!"


© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Orkney is gorgeous! Looks a bit cold, I bet they don't grow tomatoes. But all that seafood!

    ReplyDelete