Thursday, December 21, 2017

My Living DNA Test Results are Back!

Click on the plus symbol for my detail.


My Living DNA test was ordered October 29, 2017, and my test results came back two days ago (originally it was estimated to be ready by February 2018, probably a smart to move on their part to underestimate the done date).  Mom had seen her results first and couldn't access the results, but the tech she contacted advised her to clear her cache data.  I cleared my cache data "for all time" and didn't have any problems seeing my results (this took a few minutes to clear).

The autosomal DNA results for me (95.5% European and 4.5% Asian (South)) are fairly consistent with my other results from other companies, which include AncestryDNA, FamilyTreeDNA, and GEDmatch calculators.  The ability to refine the British origins of my DNA was the special appeal for this test, and as I expected I am hugely British Isles:


It estimates me at 69.5% Great Britain and Ireland, which is reasonable.




More of the results--obviously they have a lot of categories!
My non-British European and South Asian results.  My father often gets Moldavia in his results--not sure what this is telling me, although obviously it might indicate a Moldavian ancestors in the past few hundred years.

Every one of the categories can be clicked on and it leads to more information about the area.  For instance, they estimate I have more Yorkshire than any other particular English ancestry, although I have some from most areas:

The beginning of the North Yorkshire description, which is fairly lengthy.  After the text it gives some related ethnicities of contributing regions.




I really like this list of hyperlinked citations for the North Yorkshire article.

There is a lot going on with these results.  I think if I spend some time reviewing the results and articles for each region I think I'll learn a lot about my British Isles ancestry.

Two thumbs up!



© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. That's really interesting, that you can get such close geographical information. I must do this. Pat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you definitely should do this one!

    ReplyDelete