Wednesday, February 28, 2018

School Days: My First Communion - 1955

There we all were, the second grade posed on the front steps of St. Rita's School. (As Mother's note states, just barely visible at the bottom, I was eight years old.)

[From my personal collection]


Because I was always among the short kids, I was positioned in the front row, fourth from the right.

I attended St. Rita's for nine years, K-8, as did most of the other children. I'm currently Facebook friends with several of the girls and someone (from a different grammar school) who I went to high school with married one of the boys.

Sister M. Dominica was generally considered to be "mean" although I don't remember her that way.


© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. only time I've seen your hands clasped in prayer .... don't let it happen again.
    bonnie

    ReplyDelete