Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday Drive: What Ship Is This?

Someone thought enough of this photograph of a cargo ship to have it enlarged and then got out the gold paint and embellished the surrounding mat.* There aren't any clues about the ship (although from the background I think it was docked in San Diego) or the photographer on the object itself and I've always wanted to know more...

[From my personal collection]


Here's a closer view of the stern where you can see part of the ship's name.

[Detail of the above photo]




*And I like it (and the gold paint) so much that I've had it set in a frame and it hangs by my bed where I can see it every day.



© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. It has a very 1920s sort of look, doesn't it? Those gaff-rigged "masts" are more likely cargo booms, right? It looks pretty big. Is it an american flag its flying? I can't tell. The barge alongside looks like it would be a bulk carrier, so the ship was either loading or unloading some kind of bulk commodity. Interesting mystery.

    ReplyDelete