Sunday, May 13, 2018

MacDougall Funeral Held

My 2nd great aunt Maud Lillian (Hartley) MacDougall (1880-1975).  Image courtesy of HermitInTheValley (Ancestry user).

Continuing the obituaries for the siblings of my great grandfather George Henry Hartley (1878-1949), I present Maud Lillian Hartley.  She was the only one of my great grandfather's siblings who lived into my own life time, but unfortunately I never got to meet her (I was about 3 when she passed):

San Diego Union
2 May 1975
page 13 (from GenealogyBank) 
MacDougall Funeral Held 
Services for Mrs. Maud Hartley MacDougall, 94, who died Sunday in a hospital, have been held in Lewis Colonial Mortuary. 
Mrs. MacDougall, a native of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, came to San Diego as an infant with her family, the original developers of the North Park area.  A music teacher in San Diego and Los Angeles, she was the wife of Robert T. MacDougall, who died here April 10.
Survivors include two sons; five grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews.



© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment