Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Remembering My Uncle Bob

Bob is on the right, around the time he served in Vietnam, abt 1966.  From left to right: his sister-in-law Pat (Slater) Hartley (my mom), his brother George G. Hartley (my dad), and his mother Margaret (Fister) Hartley (my grandmother).  From my personal collection.

The Uncle Bob (far right) I remember, circa 1986.  With his aunt Fern Fister, me, his mother Margaret (Fister) Hartley, and brother George G. Hartley.  From my personal collection


I think about my Uncle Bob a lot.  He was interested in genealogy and I think he would have gotten a kick out all the things I've discovered so far about our ancestors.


His plaque at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in Point Loma, CA.  Image courtesy of Ancestry user LSHamlin4604.




© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment