Saturday, October 6, 2018

Checking Out AncestryDNA's "The Unique Sound of Your Ancestry" List

It asks for the top 5 ethnicities, I only seem to have 4 main ones, so I also included Germanic Europe since Mom has that (I guess I could have chosen France instead).

I looked at the AncestryDNA/Spotify promotion of "The Unique Sound of Your Ancestry."  I haven't heard of a lot of these bands/songs:

The first three are world famous British bands (Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles).  I am not sure who Alan Walker and Karin Park are (Norwegian and Swedish apparently).


Never heard of any of them: Store P (Norway), Evneverk (Norway), Razika (Norway), The Coronas (Ireland), and The Script (Ireland).



I know who Nenah Cherry (Sweden) is, but Soule (Ireland), Foy Vance (Northern Ireland), GRANT (Sweden), and 1987 (Sweden) are new to me.




Never heard of them: The Tallest Man on Earth (Sweden), Mocky (Canada, traces back to England), Lions Head (German via USA), Alle Farben (Germany), and Capital Bra (Germany).


New stuff to listen to!


© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This is silly. Most of our ancestors have been here over a hundred years, what does pop music have to do with it? Please don't make me listen.
    bonnie

    ReplyDelete