Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Gone for Soldiers? Richard Richardson, Senior & Richard Richardson, Junior

While in search of more information about my Tomlinson upline I came across this paragraph about my 6X great grandfather Richard Richardson and one of his sons, also named Richard.* It appeared in a 1912 reference book (which has been reprinted several times) and, although I can find evidence for Junior's support of the American Revolution, so far I haven't been able to locate anything about my ancestor's expulsion from by the Quakers because of an involvement in the earlier war.

[Ancestry.com. Colonial Families of the USA, 1607-1775 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2016. Original data: Mackenzie, George Norbury, and Nelson Osgood Rhoades, editors. Colonial Families of the United States of America: in Which is Given the History, Genealogy and Armorial Bearings of Colonial Families Who Settled in the American Colonies From the Time of the Settlement of  Jamestown, 13th May, 1607, to the Battle of Lexington, 19th April, 1775. 7 volumes. 1912. Reprinted, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1966, 1995.]

I'm going to see what I can discover about this and report back in a later post.




*Richard, Junior, seems to have undertaken the administration of his father's 1761 will after the named executors refused to act in that capacity.


© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment