Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Day - San Diego, 1928

Looking through the old photo albums this is the only Thanksgiving picture I found--and it doesn't feature a turkey. Dad (Currey) was taking the opportunity to get some work done on his rowboat somewhere along San Diego Bay.

[From my personal collection]

When I was growing up, Thanksgiving wasn't a big family dinner kind of day for us--I don't remember there ever being a gathering of all the Curreys for any occasion.



© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. What!? No big family turkey dinner? I have trouble remembering individual ones but I know whatever family and friends could be found gathered somewhere and ate a turkey dinner. I have good memories of that. No rowboats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Curry clan at large didn't approve of me being brought into the family so it's not too surprising. Also I suspect that historically Mother and Dad would have been more likely to be off camping somewhere (or working on their boat).

    ReplyDelete