Tuesday, April 3, 2018

New-To-Me Fantastic Find: Family Search "United States, GenealogyBank Obituaries, 1980-2014" Collection


I suspect this database came out in 2014, but it is new to me!  I use GenealogyBank constantly for obituaries and other newspaper items pertaining to my ancestors.  Since I have the subscription it did not occur to me to look for a source that indexes these obituaries, but FamilySearch did: "United States, GenealogyBank Obituaries, 1980-2014:" 
Index and images of obituaries from thousands of newspapers throughout the United States. Records and images are being published as they become available. This collection is created in partnership with www.GenealogyBank.com. Over 23 million records in this collection were indexed by a computer; there may be some errors. Please help us fix these records by reporting them through the Errors? button.
This database might be effective in the same way that I think FindAGrave is more easily searched at Ancestry than at FindAGrave itself, i.e. more search functionality at FamilySearch if a search on GenealogyBank itself doesn't render a result.

This is definitely a great resource for anyone that doesn't have a subscription to GenealogyBank.



© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment