Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Is for Mothers: Bernice Evangeline Grenfell (1902 - 1980)

I'm resting on my laurels today. In case you missed my posts last week honoring the 113th birthday (on June 17th) of the mother who raised me, you can find them here: one, two, three, four, five, and six.
[Bernice at Mission Cliffs Gardens on April 16, 1922, photo from my personal collection]

Learn more about Mission Cliffs Gardens, where the above snapshot was taken, in this video:
[Profiles San Diego's Mission Cliff Gardens, a once-popular and world-famous park that experienced its heyday in the early 20th Century. Produced and edited by Andy Tolley.]

© 2015 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea. I did always wonder about that cobble wall.

    ReplyDelete