Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 1958 with the Curreys

After that cold wind drove us away from Joshua Tree in 1953, we continued to spend our Christmas vacation at Agua Caliente until 1958, when once again we tried a different location, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in Arizona. It was a success! At least we weren't driven away by inclement weather.

But somehow our Christmas tree got left at home that year (not the presents though) so I made my own tiny tree using buttons from Mother's sewing kit) to decorate a small bare branch. Dad took a photo of it which is so badly out of focus* that I won't inflict it on you.

[Probably Twin Peaks Campground, from my personal collection]

[Our truck and trailer on the left side of the park]

*I don't think there's one decent photo of a Christmas tree in the whole Currey collection.


© 2015 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment