Thursday, September 29, 2016

Throwback Thursday: San Diego Gas and Electric Used to Have a Home Economics Department

The recipes from this undated pamphlet include a roast turkey dinner and various baked desserts.  Based on the next page it is likely that these women are Mary, Shirlee, Marie, and Thelma.  From my personal collection.

My grandma Bernice kept a little binder filled with groovy mid-century promotional recipe pamphlets from various companies.  Three of them were from the Home Economics Department at San Diego Gas and Electric.  I had no idea SDGE had an economics department!





They even had a weekly TV show on KFSD Channel 10!



The back cover of a different year.  I'm not sure who is who,

If you'd like to look at the recipes, HathiTrust digitized a circa 1960 edition of the recipe pamplet, "Holiday recipes" held by The University of California,






© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I would guess 1957. I downloaded it and look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete