Monday, October 23, 2017

Book Shelf: Good Wives: Image and Reality in the Lives of Women in Northern New England, 1650 - 1750

The title of this book attracted me because I'm alway trying to understand what the lives of my many-times grandmothers were like. I'm not sure if any of my direct ancestors lived in the precise area covered here but I don't imagine that the experiences of women south of Boston were markedly different, indeed the author acknowledges that in her preface.


[Published by Random House, available through Amazon.com]

[Map of Northern New England as described by the aurhot]

Here's quote from the author's preface:


Good Wives was originally published in 1980. I bought it for my Kindle.



© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment