Friday, October 20, 2017

Family Friday: Katheryn Madeline Matthews Dutton and her Family, About 1930

Growing up with adoptive parents I was certain that I would never (knowingly) meet any of my biological kin, but I'm happy to have been proven wrong. My mother's family, the Slaters, have been particularly welcoming and the stories and photos they've shared with me have been a great help in tracing my ancestry.

It's still exciting for me to find a family resemblance in someone's family photo like this one posted by another Matthews descendant on his public Ancestry.com tree. Katheryn, my second cousin, twice removed, and I share as our most recent common ancestors Eli Matthews (1804-1864) and his wife Susan Hanon (1805-1884).

[Courtesy of jimwhite1184, who is undoubtedly some kind of cousin even if the
relationship doesn't appear on Ancestry.com ]

I definitely see a likeness between myself and her oldest daughter Mary Catherine (1923-2007).

[From my personal collection]

And there are times when I see a similar likeness in my grandson Marc. I guess we're just being Matthews.



© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment: