Saturday, March 21, 2015

Starting Directions for State and Country Research

"The information on Macon County, Alabama, is severely lacking in this cloth book, people." With my parents on my 1st birthday, from my personal collection.

I came across this .pdf for Alabama research from Brigham Young University the other day.  It is very comprehensive and it probably written for students and researchers coming from the LDS Family History Center angle, but it can be used by anyone.

I was happy to discover that they have these guides for the U.S., as well as other countries, through the Research Outlines (pdf) at the Brigham Young Family History Center.

In a related note, Ancestry's Wiki also has some great starting points and background, including information from the classic works Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources and The Source: A Guidebook to American Genealogy.


© 2015 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment