Thursday, October 13, 2016

Voting Inspiration: Because I Can

By National Woman Suffrage Publishing Co. - Cornell University: Persuasive Cartography: The PJ Mode Collection, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=44963586

Well, I got my mail-in ballot today and just finished filling out a seemingly endless ballot.  After I send it off in the mail tomorrow I will be officially done paying any attention whatsoever to this horrible election cycle.

My only real inspiration to get me through this ballot was the scary fact that it has only been a little less than 100 years for women (and 50 years for some African-American women) to have full suffrage in this country.  You bet I vote every time, because I can, and in memory and honor for all those who couldn't for so long.









© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment