Thursday, January 25, 2018

A Visual Comparison of My Son's Ethnicity Estimates to Steve, Me, and My Parents

My son's Grandtree on 23andMe.  I finally have enough people on my direct lines to make interesting comparisons (the problem of the only child (Marc) of an only child (Christine) of an only child (Pat Hartley, sorta).

Marc's father Steve's map.  His paper trail is mostly German/Polish with some British Isles.

My map.  My paper trail is mostly British Isles/Scandinavian/Germanic and some French.




My mom's map.  Her paper trail is mostly British Isles, German/Dutch, and some French.



My dad's map.  His paper trail is Scandinavian, British Isles, and Germanic.  On most DNA ethnicity tests he has trace Native American, but 23andMe points to Subsaharan African, even at 90 percent confidence (I get West African at 90 percent confidence).





Marc's map, a combination of all the people above.  He didn't get any of the fancy stuff, just 100 percent European.  Very interesting.



© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment