Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sunday Drive: The Boat - San Diego, 1928

Looking through the old photo albums I came across this series of pictures of a boat the Curreys bought in 1928.* 





[All photos from my personal collection]

I decided to see if I could learn anything about the man who sold the boat to them, Percy Eldridge, and located him in the 1928 San Diego City Directory. Like Dad he was an electrician.

[San Diego, California, City Directory, 1928. Ancestry.com. U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995 [database on-line].
Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.]


*I'm not sure if this is the same boat that's in later pictures. I'm inclined to think it isn't but I know that Dad made improvements to that one too.


© 2018 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment