Friday, October 16, 2015

It's Hard to Be Patient: DNA.land


DNA.land is a brand new site where you can upload your DNA results file (from Ancestry.com, FamilyTreeDNA, and 23 and Me) for scientists at Columbia University and the New York Genome Center to use in scientific research, and in turn get an ethnicity report and possibly matches to cousins.

I uploaded my parents' DNA tests and am still waiting on results.  I suspect they got more uploads than they were ready to deal with so I will try to be patient.
My father's status as of now.


I didn't bother uploading my own DNA, although I wonder if I should?  My son and I have a rare disease, Alport Syndrome, that no one else in my family appears to have.  My kidneys finally failed earlier this year and I am now on peritoneal dialysis.  It would be great if researchers can some day cure these types of genetic conditions.  Hopefully my DNA can be used for that.




© 2015 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment