Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Portrait of Phoebe Worrall (1785-1863)

Phoebe Worrall, born in Marple Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, is my 5th great grandmother (on my father's side) and wife to Jeremiah Burnight.  Their daughter Mary Burnight (1803-1863) is my ancestress who married George Tibbetts (1798-1855) and mother to Henry Charles Tibbetts.

After Jeremiah died in Indiana in 1839 Phoebe moved with her children to Iowa, where she married widower Thomas Graffort, who died a year after Phoebe.

This image was pasted into all of May Jarvis's genealogy books on the Tibbetts.  I am not sure who has the original or what kind of photography this was, although possibly tintype or daguerreotype?  A photo sleuth could probably analyze the date due to her clothing, but I am assuming it was taken in the early 1860s and most likely in Jones or Dubuque county, Iowa.






© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment