Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Book Shelf: History of Agua Caliente Springs and Ague Caliente Regional Park

Growing up in San Diego with parents who had learned to love the desert long before I arrived in their lives, for me the place named Agua Caliente never was the one in Tijuana. Until I was about 12 we spent almost Christmas and Easter vacations in that county park located in the middle of the vast Anza Borrego State Park.*

Over the years I've written several posts about Agua Caliente Regional Park including one about Mary's Store and earlier this year I got an email from Fred Wills who wanted to know if he could use the pictures from our blog in the history he was writing about the park. I'm sure it was a pleasant surprise when I not only agreed but informed him that I had more pictures to share. My only requirement was that I get photo credit and a copy of his finished book.

[Courtesy of Frederick H. Wills]


Well, I met up with Fred and Stephanie at the Mission Valley Library yesterday for the return of my color slides together with my copy of the final product and I'm happy to report that it's a very attractive and informative history of the area that I'm looking forward to reading.**

If you would like your own copy, you can reach the author at:

Frederick H. Wills
Desierto Relampago Books
2918 Naugatuck Avenue
San Diego, CA 92117




*In fact Mother told me that I took my first steps there.
**And there I am on the cover, waving at the camera.



© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Fame at Last! You are an official cover girl. And whatever a keeper of photos is as opposed to a photographer. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete