Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sunday Drive: Long Beach, Washington - 1950

As I promised last week, I'm returning to some color slides that include members of the Middleton family, It looks like the Curreys and Middletons took a little trip to Washington's Long Beach Peninsula.

[Left to right: Joeleta Middleton, me, Bernice (Grenfell) Currey, Lloyd Middleton and his wife Florence; from my personal collection]


Lloyd is blocking our view of the side of his shiny new 1950 Ford so I can't tell which model it is but that's probably Joeleta sitting in the back seat. Over Lloyd's shoulder you can catch a glimpse of the Currey's trailer parked farther up the beach.

[From my personal collection]


Sadly at this point Lloyd had only a few more months to live:

[Date: Thursday, December 7, 1950   Paper: Oregonian (Portland, Oregon)   Page: 20  
This entire product and/or portions thereof are copyrighted by NewsBank and/or the American Antiquarian Society. 2004.
Source: GenealogyBank.com]

And I still don't know how the Curreys came to know the MIddletons.


© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment