Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday Drive: Another Truck, Another Cow?

I've already shared some snapshots of the barn the Curreys built on their property in Encanto during the late 1930s together with pictures of their cow and wheat field but I didn't include this picture. So it seemed a good choice for today's post.*

[From my personal collection]


At first what was happening appeared to be obvious--the Curreys were moving a cow in their truck, of course. But the more I examined the image, the less that seemed likely because as you can see from this photo the Currey cow wasn't black and white.

[From my personal collection]


So what was going on? The animal in the truck was a bull brought in to "visit" the cow and this later picture provides the proof.

[From my personal collection]




*Following on from this post.



© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment