Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tuesday Night Video: Time Team Goes to North Carolina, South Carolina, and Maryland

The Time Team originally focused almost entirely on the British Isles, and since my ethnicity estimates show a heavy center of gravity around that area I have really enjoyed watching that series (I figure I probably have ancestors from all corners of England and Scotland). 

But since my more recent ancestors lived more recently in the British Colonies in America, and because I have traveled so little, I always find videos showing the landscape in personally genealogically significant areas (like North Carolina, South Carolina, and Maryland) helpful in imagining what kind of environment my ancestors lived in.  











© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.



2 comments:

  1. In 2007 the English Time Team also went to Jamestown: https://youtu.be/ohfAx4a-Ijo

    ReplyDelete