Sunday, April 16, 2017

Sunday Drive: Anaheim, California - 1948

I've been sorting through the hundreds of color slides taken by the parents who raised me and there's still a lot to share. In honor of the Easter basket they gave me in 1951, I decided to post more photos of these two vehicles belonging to the Neals. You can see the 1948 Plymouth "Woodie" station wagon here and Jimmy's work truck, possibly a 1935 Dodge, here.

The Neals owned a motel in Anaheim and they were enlarging it in 1948 when Dad and Jimmy were working together on a project which you can read about here

[From my personal collection]

I love the billboard ad for Acme Beer and there's a wonderfully informative history of the brewery here.

[From my personal collection]






© 2017 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment